CEREC is a big investment, but chairside dentistry is worth every penny. CEREC is great for patients and doctors alike, and in this blog from The Pathway, we’ll take a look at the top 7 benefits of using CEREC at your practice, as well as the basics behind this technology.
What Is A CEREC Machine? How Does It Work?
A CEREC machine is a CAD/CAM (Computer-Aided Design/Manufacturing) tool that can fit into your office. Using a digital scanner and a computer program, you can use your CEREC machine to create dental restorations in minutes.
This eliminates the need to work with a dental lab for most restorations, and means patients can often get treatment in just a single appointment. Thanks to recent advances in chairside dentistry, CEREC is more affordable and easier to use than ever before. But is it worth it? Check out these 7 benefits and see for yourself.
The Top 7 Benefits Of Using CEREC Machine At Your Practice
- Restorations in a single appointment – When you offer same day restorations, you become a truly competitive dentist. Receiving a restoration in a single appointment eliminates the weeks of waiting to complete a procedure. You can expect your patients to appreciate the convenience.
- No need for temporaries – When you can restore a patient’s tooth in one appointment, there’s no need to send them home with a bulky or uncomfortable temporary crown. Eliminating temporaries saves everyone time and expense.
- No more messy impressions – Nobody likes taking impressions with dental putty, and some patients with strong gag reflexes will have a really hard time with it. CEREC uses a digital scanner that makes impressions comfortable, quick, and incredibly accurate.
- Eliminates waste – Since CEREC digital scans are so precise, you’ll usually get the right fit on your first try. This allows you to reduce waste and simplify the treatment process for patients.
- Reduced human error – With extremely accurate digital impressions, you can reduce human error, avoid outside dental labs, and have more control over how your patient’s restoration is trimmed. Having complete ownership over the process in real time allows you to make custom restorations that fit comfortably.
- Natural look and feel – CEREC crowns and restorations are made from porcelain blocks. Restorations made from porcelain have the translucency and fine detail that make them look like natural teeth.
- Preserve the natural smile – CEREC same day restorations eliminate wait times and complications while streamlining treatment processes. This efficiency enhances your chances of preserving the natural smile.
Take The First Step: Sign Up For CEREC Training Today At The Pathway
If you’re interested in the benefits of CEREC, The Pathway is here to help. We offer hands-on CEREC training for dentists so you can get a handle on the basics, invest in a CEREC machine for your practice, and start enjoying the benefits of chairside dentistry right away. Contact us online or give us a call at (888) 309-2423 if you have questions. You can also take a look at our Course Catalog and sign up now!